Why make the LINK?.
- To promote the restoration of the historic river and canal waterway linking the county town of Stafford and the
National Waterway Network for the benefit of the community and all interested groups.
- To further the preservation, conservation and restoration of the SRL, and to promote and stimulate public interest
in protecting its wildlife and respecting its history.
- To establish partnerships with local authorities and other bodies that will facilitate this restoration.
- To raise funds, organise publicity and encourage other activities to promote this objective.
| APPEAL FOR INFORMATION
We would very much appreciate your help.
Do you have any information, memories or photographs of the Stafford Branch Canal or the River Sow into Stafford?
If so, please contact David Jones by email email@example.com.
We are particularly interested in any information, memories or photographs of the following:
- the Lock House,
- the Basin,
- the Aqueduct,
- the Lock,
- the channel that led from the Lock to the River Sow,
- the Bridge at the junction with the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal.
- the Coal Wharf by Green Bridge or the canal channel that led to the Coal Wharf.
- Between Baswich and Stafford: were there any distinctive features along the River Sow from Baswich into Stafford?